Client: Development Board for Rural Wales
Restoration of railway station and conversion to retail outlets
One of our first projects, this lavishly detailed building was restored as a themed retail outlet. The station was built as the headquarters for the Oswestry and Newtown Railway in 1860 and is Grade II listed.
The buildings with original platform and canopy, ticket office and waiting rooms, were all restored in 1996.
Rear elevation showing the former platform area, now enclosed
French Renaissance style front